Yes yes yes, as you may have guessed its my birthday today, the ripe old age of 15! Next you may ask yourself, why is this lonesome girl writing a blog post on her birthday! She should be out with her mates for lunch or shopping or whatever any other normal person does on their birthday. But the truth is, for me, birthdays are just too overrated. You build the day up all year and then you get to it and well, nothing special happens. You don’t suddenly grow a foot and your mental age doesn’t automatically increase. I know, I’m being pessimistic (thats the way I am). But the point of this post isn’t to rant on about how shocking birthdays can sometimes be… its to help those who don’t appreciate birthdays as much to learn to appreciate them and make the most out of them:
Here’s what to do on your special day…
1. Think about the previous year, what went well and what didn’t go so well. Its important that this year is better than last year and reflection always helps.
2. Treat yourself. Today do at least one thing that makes you feel special. For example, get your nails/hair done or get a facial. Or buy yourself something. Or if your one of those super crazy diet people, eat that one naughty thing you’ve been craving, just go for it. Its YOUR birthday!
3. Surround yourself with people you love. I think its important to spend today with a balance of friends and family. Perhaps a day out with your girlfriends and then a nice family gathering at night? Just spend time with people who make you feel special and don’t put you down.
4. Demand attention. Who cares what everyone else thinks, its your birthday and you’ll do as you please. Be a bit spoilt today, get everyone thinking about you!
5. Maybe throw a party, the way you want to. Themes are always great (my birthday parties are usually halloween themed as my birthday is 2 days before halloween). Or make the theme you, where everyone has to either dress up or do something to please you.
6. EAT CAKE and wear a badge.
7. Here’s one for laughs, sing yourself happy birthday (in public). Its fun making people feel awkward when your singing yourself happy birthday. If your not that confident, make someone else do it for you.
7. Tell EVERYONE its your birthday, waiters, ransomers in the street, policemen. You’ll receive more happy birthdays then and feel more special.